Monday, February 15, 2010

Google Earth.... literally.

Google knows just about everything now... Where you live, what's in your refridgerator, and even includes pictures of your house with you mowing your lawn so people know what you look like. The newest privacy leak is Buzz. If you can find the name of someone... anyone....



You can follow them and see all of thier posts and sometimes thier email... without them even allowing you to. As soon as you post something on Buzz; anyone can find it and then have any of the names of the people who commented on it.


Noramlly I don't really care about stuff like this, in fact I don't plan to do much about it other than this post, but it seems strange that a company as large as Google would give your email address and all of your "buzzes" out to anyone who randomly types in your name. The only thing that can help is that it lets you hide your email address and the people who follow you
I'm not saying Google is evil... afterall, I'm using it right now to post this. :P
It just seems strange that they would share with the world my email address and all the people I frequently contact.
If you've seen a way to keep everyone from seeng all your buzzes or have any thoughts... (including not abandoning facebook quite yet) Leave a comment.
````````````````````````````````````^.......... ^
```````````````````````````````````````.
```````````````````````````````````_________
````````````````````````````````````\ _/

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have! Just don't comment on Buzz.

Jowy H said...

Since everyone decided to comment on Buzz... I'll paste in here. :D

"Morgan Family - You can make your buzzes private, and also your contacts private. 10:21 am

Steven Hamvas - Is the point that Google makes it all public by default? 5:05 pm

Joe Hamvas - I suppose that was the point... wait, something I said had a point!!??? WOAH! I better delete it.... and NO MORE COMMENTING IN BUZZ!!!

I guess they got what they wanted through it though.... Now EVERYONE is using it. :D 11:28 am"

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jowy H said...

WOO HOO!! Spam! :D

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that particular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers are about 340 dollars on every page. But completely I found this locate selling them for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are around 320 pounds everwhere. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices for the velcros are about 220 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.