Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quotes 14

All general statements are false. -Unknown

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. -Woody Allen

An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations. -Charles de Montesquie

Brass bands are all very well in their place - outdoors and several miles away. -Sir Thomas Beecham

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day. -Unknown

If there were no God, there would be no Atheists. -G. K. Chesterton

I have long been of the opinion that if work were such a splendid thing the rich would have kept more of it for themselves. -Bruce Grocott

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places. -Henny Youngman

He's turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed. -David Frost

There is no doubt that the first requirement for a composer is to be dead. -Arthur Honegger

1 comment:

Ben&Brit said...

Not sure why I'm commenting as I already sent comments to you about these, but hey, I like the leg in two places one :-)