Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quotes 6

Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American life. Violence and committee meetings. - George F. Will

Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it. -W. Somerset Maugham

I've always found paranoia to be a perfectly defensible position. -Pat Conroy

Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice president. -Johnny Carson

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. -PG Wodehouse

I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. -Jerome K. Jerome

He who builds a better mousetrap these days runs into material shortages, patent-infringement suits, work stoppages, collusive bidding,
discount discrimination--and taxes." -HE Marts

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
-Robert McCloskey

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye. -Miss Piggy

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

No comments: