Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quotes 5

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral. -Robert Orben

Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so. -John Stuart Mill

Anything too stupid to be said is sung. -Voltaire

I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died. - Richard Diran

Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can never learn anything from history. - George Bernard Shaw

It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese. -Carl Sagan

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting. -Charles Bukowski

One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork. -Edward Abbey

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. -Charles Bukowski

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes. -Ronald Reagan

No comments: